Saturday, August 20, 2011

Welcome to Drama Academy-- The Novel

Dear all,






It seems surreal to me that this day is finally here! "Welcome to Drama Academy" (the novel version) is now available on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Drama-Academy-Melody-Mason/dp/1453724478/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313776606&sr=1-2) and Createspace eStore (https://www.createspace.com/3472161) as we speak!

It has been three and a half years since I posted the first chapter of WTDA online. I still remember how excited I was when I received my first review for WTDA and that exhilarating feeling I have every time I see a review alert or a story alert in my inbox. Thank you, all of you, for sticking with me till the very end. Thank you for recommending the story to your friends; thank you for reviewing and giving me advice on how I could improve as a fanfiction writer.

Throughout the entire process of turning this fanfiction into a novel, there were countless of times that I wanted to give up, that I lost faith in myself and the story. A special thank you to those of you who PMed me over the years to show your support for the novel. Without you, I never would have had the will and strength to finish rewriting. You guys were my motivation to continue and this book is dedicated to all of you- my friends and readers on fanfiction and my supportive family. THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything. I wish I could give you a huge hug instead of just thanking you in the Acknowledgements.

The story will be pulled completely in the near future. I don't like posting A/Ns rather than actual chapters, but it was the only way I could think of to keep in touch with my readers after all this time. If you're still interested in my writing, please follow and subscribe to my Blogspot: http:/www(dot)melloveswriting(dot)blogspot(dot)com/and add me to your Author Alert, so that way you'll be able to see my upcoming updates.

If you decide to give WTDA a chance, I hope you won't be disappointed when you finish all 613 pages (I still don't know how that happened). This is my first novel so I know it is far from perfect, and letting you guys down is one of the things that I worry about the most. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess this is my final goodbye to the fanfiction version of "Welcome to Drama Academy". This doesn't mean I'm done with fanfiction. I'm not :) Thank you all again for the support and encouragement over the years and for helping me fulfill my dream. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

-Mel




12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to buy it. I was wondering if you have any plans to publish the sequel? I sure hope so, it would be nice to have them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm going to go buy it right now, and yeah it would be nice to have the sequel as well. Just a suggestion. Great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until Amazon ships it to me! I have missed being able to read the FF version of it and I am very excited to read it again and get to love these new characters. Thanks for working so hard. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, shipping to Canada from Amazon is crazy expensive as far as I know, but once I have some money, I'll be sure to purchase my copy! I can't wait to see what you've done with the story, Mel :) Even just the summary sounds so polished compared to before - not to say that it sucked before AT ALL. Okay, this sounds awful... anyways, congratulations! I can't wait to read it.

    BTW: I love the character names you picked. I was actually worried that they would be switched to ones I hated but I'm glad to see that's not the case. Congrats once more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @eternally addicted and @Tarkley: Thank you so much:) I don't plan to publish the sequel since I've always thought of it as an outtake for WTDA... but I'm flattered that you think it's enough to be a novel:)

    @RachelD: Thank you:) I hope you enjoy it and grow to like the new characters!

    @The Story Queen: I'm so sorry about the shipping. I wish I could help you out with that... But I don't think there's anything I can do. And thank you so much:) I'm glad you like the summary and the names of the characters so far! It took me a long time to decide on Elena and Tristan. These two names grew on me while other names just seemed wrong to my ears while I was writing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so incredibly happy for you! You are such an inspiration! Your personal success story has inspired me to fulfill my dreams of becoming a writer! I never though after randomly coming across your fanfiction that it would one day become a real novel and inspire me to follow my dreams. I was a bit discouraged for awhile to pursue my choice of writing in University, but after seeing your story, I know that I definitely will! Your amazing! Don't let the haters get to you, it's the compliments you should focus on. Positive energy is always better than negative!
    Also, do you know if WTDA will be available in bookstores soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bigdreams-17,
      I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to reply. I haven't been able to log-in. Thank you so much for leaving a comment here.I'm very flattered and I had a big smile on my face after reading it:) THANK YOU!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I want to buy the ebook version but on amazon it says i have to have an amazon kindle whereas i have my own a different version how could i download a different version as amazon wont let me.
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about the late reply. I haven't been able to log in.

      I don't have a Kindle myself, so I can't really answer your question. Sorry about that. Have you tried contacting Amazon?

      Thanks for the message!

      Delete
  8. Hello Mel, I´m a spanish fan of yours, I read, same time ago, your fanfic (Well come to drama academy). I love the story, and I would like to buy the spanish version, but I think that has not yet arrived here. What can I do?
    PD: Congratulation for the book, here in Spain, there are many people waiting your book :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, SoloMisPalabras! There isn't going to be a Spanish version of the novel though- only English at this time. Sorry.

      Delete
  9. hey i read your story in fanfiction but i couldn't read it all :c, i try to contact yulii but i can't. and i can't download the novel, today the world is against me. could you please please send it to me ? if you can here's my email: what.thehell@live.cl and my facebook facebook.com/carolina.isabel.parra
    congratulations for the story, i from chile, and me and my friends was reading it, you are an amaizing writer.
    (sorry for my english, i don't know much but i attempt)

    atte. carito

    ReplyDelete